Firstly, there are 3 types of construction (available on the market)
1. Proper log cabins. Using full logs built in the traditional manner (which Garden Rooms & Offices only use).
2. Pre-manufactured panels. Made from 2 boards glued either side of an insulation panel.
3. Timber frame. Usually made with 4×2 wooden stud walls, filled with insulation and clad with tongue and groove panelling.
We know that each supplier will tell you that theirs is the best, but please read on and then make your decision.
The most important thing about a garden room/log cabin is the thickness of the walls. You will want your garden room to be sturdy, dependable, more efficient and longer lasting. What is unique to Garden Rooms & Offices is that we only use UK sourced, sustainable slow-grown logs that have been tanalised (treated) and require minimal maintenance. This also provides the best natural insulation.
When you make your decision, please consider the following 5 important points which make us unique.
- We use the most substantial thickness of walls on the market – Because they are longer lasting and more energy efficient.
- We only use UK sourced sustainable logs – We do not use planed soft wood due to its shorter lifespan. Minimal impact on the environment
- We only use tanalised logs – Latest generation wood preservative, established throughout the world. Minimal maintenance.
- Hand made – Your log cabin is unique and we can bespoke it to your design. We do not buy ready made kits from elsewhere to resell.
- Prices – Our prices include many items which we believe are essential but our competitors count as ‘extras’. We believe our prices are the most competitive available.
We pride ourselves on our hand made products, made to the highest standards possible and which we can easily individualise to your tastes.
Once you have made your choice our process is as follows:
• Site survey and quotation
• Order with any changes requested
• Prepare and concrete footings
In short, a one-stop shop to eliminate stress