Planning Permission / Permitted Development Advice
In general terms you have permitted developments rights and do not require planning permission for your Garden Rooms & Offices log cabin as long as you can satisfy certain criteria, some of which are;
• Must be single storey with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of 4 metres for a dual pitched roof.
• Cannot be within 2.0 metres of the boundary
• Must not be used as a dwelling
• The total area covered by the log cabin must not exceed half of the garden
• These rules apply to a floor area of 30 sq metres
• The log cabin is not located within the curtilage of a listed building, an area of conservation, the Broads, areas of outstanding natural beauty or similar category (restrictions apply)
Please note that these are our observations. Planning rules change from time to time and if you have any doubt, you should contact your local planning authority before any work is undertaken.
If you cannot satisfy the permitted development rules above, we can arrange for architects to apply for planning permission on your behalf for £500 + vat, which includes all local authority planning fees etc.
For further reading and information on your permitted development rights, please follow the link www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/