Specification and Technical
The Tanalising Process
1. The Tanalising process involves placing the timber within the treatment cylinder and creating an initial vacuum within the timber cells.
2. The cylinder is then flooded under vacuum with the preservative treatment.
3. Hydraulic pressure is then applied forcing the preservative deep into the timber cells.
4. After a pre-determined period of pressure depending on the species of timber being treated and its eventual use, the treatment solution is pumped back into storage and a final vacuum extracts any excess treatment solution from the timber.
5. Low pressure inside the timber draws in surface solution when vented to the atmosphere and the treated timber is left for a specified period for fixation of preservative to occur.